Forums

Topic: looking for help, need somebody for rebuilding my 1600 fuel injection engine  (Read 1950 times)

Offline usaresident

Hy
living in Ooltewah now and im looking for somebody ( company ) who can rebuilt my 1600 fuel injection engine from a 1977 super beetle convertible. The garage where its sitting now, is not succesfull in finding somebody. Shipping from California is crazy high and they do need my core. Does somebody has an idea who can do this nearby?? would drive 150 meiles to bring the engine over. but would like to have the core opened and all bearings drilled, to make sure, engine is like brandnew

Offline travisyoung

I know a few people that can, if I run into them at the show this weekend I'll find out if they still will

Offline usaresident

ok thanks

andreas

Offline Aircooled Werk

• Club Member
  • Ringgold, Ga
    • Aircooled Werk
Andreas, I've called and left several messages on the number you had called me with. There is a gentleman in Dalton, Georgia that does great work. Call Herman at A-Plus Auto Service (706-581-9938) and he'll quote you the engine rebuild.

Offline ASBug

• Varnel, Ga
Herman is a good guy.
There is also Jesse Kell that is in the Dalton GA area.
Their numbers are in the services section of this page.
Good luck.

There was an error while liking
Liking...

About Us

Chattanooga's oldest and largest club for air-cooled and water-cooled Volkswagens, since 1998. Join Us

Follow Us

© 1998-2024 Scenic City Volks Folks