Forums

Topic: Found on Craigslist/Samba/Wherever  (Read 61623 times)

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA
  • Liked: 2 times

Re: Found on Craigslist/Samba/Wherever

« Reply #150 on: July 13, 2014, 12:33:03 AM »
3 VW's for trade for dirt bikes or RV? - $1 (Cleveland)
 I have 3 VW's that I would trade for and adult and a kids dirt bike. One bug is 68 or 69', the other is a 70' model. The van is a 70's. The van will run, brakes are down. Looking for a kid's 65-70cc dirt bike. The adult bike needs to be at least a 200cc.

No titles for either bug. Can get title for van. Will trade one of the vw bugs for a kids bike, or all three for adult and kid' bike.

He forgot to mention that all three of them have crushed roofs.  But, the bus is supposed to run.  Most of the damage is in the center, so it would be a good candidate for making a short bus.

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/bar/4541482903.html

Offline travisyoung

« Reply #151 on: July 13, 2014, 08:52:36 AM »
Wish I had a rusty old dirt bike to trade,  the bugs just look to far gone.  The bus looks like the only thing that might be worth anything.  I got an offer for 500 for the 79 convertible off eBay

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

« Reply #152 on: July 13, 2014, 11:26:24 AM »
I got an offer for 500 for the 79 convertible off eBay

Some people have nothing better to do than waste other people's time! The batteries are worth more than that.  I'd love to have it to drive back and forth to work, but it would have to have at least 30 miles of range.

Offline travisyoung

« Reply #153 on: July 13, 2014, 02:16:15 PM »
I'm tempted to swap it
For something,  all you need is some l ion batteries and a braking regeneration system,  then you would be ready to make it 30 miles

Offline Zen

• Show Chairman
  • Club Member
  • LaFayette, GA

« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2014, 12:58:59 PM »
1974 VW BUS(WESTFALIA/KOMBI) - $3800 (JACKSONVILLE, AL)

Even if you are not interested in bus, this ad is worth reading!   ;D

1974 VW BUS title status : clean
FS/FT: A treehugger's wet dream. 1974 VW Westfalia camper bus. Hippy mecca right here. This thing is littered with Grateful dead stickers, acid bears, happy campers etc. This would make a great project and I imagine it wouldn't take too much to get it up and going. If you wanted to you could load up all of your little hipster buddies and head to protests, or you could transport illegals. I don't care what you do with it, just hand me some money(or guns). I bought this bus about a year ago. My original intent was to get it running and just drive the hell out of it. Well, as usual, I got lazy once the newness of the purchase wore off. Now when I walk through the garage I think to myself, "Hans Peter could really be something someday, if I just...", then I think to myself, "Nah, I'd rather have another beer instead". The most I did was clean the bus up, then to offset the hippie stickers I put a "Repeal Obamacare" decal and a "Party like it's 1776" decal on the back window. Now the time has come and I may have to store a friend's car for him while he is stationed in Germany. So take full advantage while you can and come snatch this piece of history from me! Bus has a bunk up top when the tent is popped. The backseat also folds into a bed. The stove and sink are long gone so don't ask about them. Table folds up to eat yourself a sandwich, pour a drink, do some lines, whatever floats your boat, just don't tell me if it's illegal. There is no telling what has been done in the bunk and backseat, therefore I have kept my three year old daughter far away from them. That being said, I don't see any stains. Seats are in great shape considering...If you decide you want to go on a treasure hunt and tear the bus apart, I am sure you could find some micro dots, old joints, who knows what else.

Ok lets get to the good stuff:

-No title, not needed when it's a 1974 model. I will provide a bill of sale and that's all you need.
-Bus does not run. I haven't tinkered with it but it hasn't ran in many years.(engine is there and intact however)
-No ignition key. I have two door keys but apparently the ignition key has an extra notch in it. For transport purposes you can unbolt the column lock to be able to turn the wheels to load it.
-Back hatch is stuck shut(not the engine compartment, the hatch to access the rear seat etc)
-Popup tent is there but is very dry rotted and torn in a couple spots.
-No sink or stove so don't ask.
-You will be responsible for loading and transporting the bus. There is a slight incline in my driveway so bring a winch or some chains buddy.

If you are offended with this ad, you are what's wrong with this country. Grow a pair.

TRADES: I would be interested in guns(MERICA!!!) I prefer AK pattern rifles, I would take a unicorn AK depending on value, or multiples if they are worth less. I would possibly be interested in other stuff, as long as it's interesting. No I don't want pawpaw's old 12 gauge and your first 10/22. I want tactical type stuff that is worth equal to what I am asking. That being said, cash is just as good.

Text offers to:
Dave show contact info davesparrow81 at gmail

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/cto/4571545304.html

Offline volksnick

• Secretary
  • Club Member
  • Chattanooga

« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2014, 03:18:56 PM »
very entertaining!  :D

Offline ASBug

• Varnel, Ga

« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2014, 04:14:22 PM »
Nice, and funny.
KC

Offline ASBug

• Varnel, Ga

« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2014, 11:02:51 AM »

Offline Smelly_Cat

free tires on craiglist 19 inch bias

« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2014, 08:10:42 AM »

There was an error while liking
Liking...

About Us

Chattanooga's oldest and largest club for air-cooled and water-cooled Volkswagens, since 1998. Join Us

Follow Us

© 1998-2024 Scenic City Volks Folks